Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June 6th - Day at St. Thomas

This was the day I had been waiting for all week.  It was the highlight of the cruise for me and the only reason I wanted to go back to the Eastern Carribean.  St. Thomas is by far my favorite place on earth (aside from Hawaii).  Magen's Bay is just unbelievable.  When we woke up, we knew we had to get to the beach early b/c it gets really crowded.  So we walked, and walked and walked to the taxi.  The guy wanted to wait for someone else to come and ride the taxi too.  We were MAD b/c we left before anyone else.  So we paid him extra just to take us right then.  Ridiculous. 

Thank goodness when we got there, NO ONE was there.  It was awesome.  We all swam around the water, by ourselves and snorkled deep into the water.  Mark saw a sea turtle so I swam way out to see it, but I couldn't find it.  You can literally see straight down to the bottom in 20+ feet deep water.  It was remarkable.  Mark rented me a float to lay on so I floated way out just enjoying the peace and quiet.  We rented a kayak again for an hour and took turns taking the girls out.  You really can't appreciate the beach and the island unless you take a kayak out.  It's quiet, peaceful and something everyone there should have done. 

We stayed pretty much all day and although we applied and reapplied sunscreen every hour, we all got sunburned.  It was a consensus that all four of us liked Magen's Bay better than anywhere else we've been.  None of us wanted to leave!!!! 

Mark and I decided our next vacation will be to St. Thomas.  They have a Marriott on the water that we'll stay at and enjoy all the beautiful beaches of St. Thomas and St. John.  Can't wait for that day!!!

These pictures do not do the beauty justice.  You have to actually see it to believe it.

This was taken from our balcony when we pulled into port.


When we got to the beach, not many people were there.


This is the only water I will go in without water shoes.  The girls did too!


It drops off pretty steel really close to the shore so we made the girls wear their floaties and floats.


 






Mark showed Avery how to snorkel, but she preferred to put her face in the water and look around without the snorkel.


Mark took Avery out to look at fish.


Addy decided she wanted to go too so he took both out.  Probably 15-20 ft of water where they are now.




It was exhausting to swim all the way to the bouy so I preferred to lay on the float.  Avery liked pulling me around on it.




Avery found a yellow crab!


We rented a kayak again for an hour.




Mark took Avery the first time then we switched.


I took Addy out and she wantd to row herself.  It was pretty difficult b/c she rowed the wrong way and my arms got really tired.  She was cute for trying though.







Mark took this from the kayak out in the water.  It's so peaceful out there - no picture in the world can capture that.

I never realized how much Addy resembles me.  She walks just like me, even with the same step.


Avery laid on the float too.  She was so cute!


This is the Marriott I want to stay at next time we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment