Wednesday, June 13, 2012

16 weeks


I always take these pictures first thing in the morning with no makeup on.  Oh well, it's not about me, it's about my belly and how big the baby is growing.

I feel great and the best I've felt yet.  I've gained a lot of weight though - won't know how much until my next appt.  I always gain it in my butt and legs.  But I love food - but mostly salty, vinegary food.  Anything tomato based is my favorite - spaghetti sauce, salsa, tomato soup, V8, etc.  I also love pickles and olives, which is no surprise b/c I love them not pregnant. The only downside is that all the salt makes me swell, so by the end of the day my legs look miserable and feel tight.  I drink sooooo much water thankfully so by the time I get up in the morning the swelling has gone down.  I really need to cut back on my salt intake!  I also ate REALLY bad on the cruise (b/c you have no choice with the most amazing food is right in front of your face).   I could go a month without eating and be fine b/c of all the food we ate last week. 

I've felt the baby move for a couple weeks now.  Little flutters here and there, a poke every now and then.  Mostly after I eat and at night when I lay down.  The baby has favored my left side up until the last couple days.  Now it's starting to sit much higher.  I had a few contractions on the cruise and up until then b/c of my anxiety but the guy who did my acupuncture gave me some supplements for anxiety that also help relax muscles.  My contractions don't seem as frequent... maybe it's just b/c I'm not as stressed since I'm not working. 

I can still wear some of my bigger shorts and pants without buttoning them and a few tshirts, but most of my shirts I wear now are maternity.  They are just more comfortable and less restrictive. 

I do have cruise pictures to post but I'll do them next week while the girls are having downtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment