Last year we slept through pirate night so we made sure to take naps after the beach this time around. The girls brought their pirate costumes to wear and Mark and I brought bandanas. Avery HATES tutu's so she threw a fit about wearing the one that came with her outfit. So we let her wear shorts which looked silly with it. But at least she wore something pirate.
Addy was grumpy when she woke up from nap so she cried b/c she didn't want to wear her hat. We lost Avery's pirate hat from last year so we bought her a new one for this year. If I had known Addy was going to throw a fit about hers, Avery could have worn it! Addy didn't want to wear the boots that go with it so both girls ended up wearing flip flops. I pick my battles.
Since Mark and I had dinner reservations at Palo (the adult dining room), we dropped the girls off at the club. They looked cute in their pirate gear.
Palo is really nice b/c it overlooks the back of the boat.
We got a really yummy appetizer and I ate most of it, ha! Mark got a salad so he didn't help me with the sampler they sent for BOTH of us.
They had the BEST antipasta plate. I couldn't eat the meat since it wasn't cooked but I ate everything else. They must use expensive basalmic vinegar b/c we tried to replicate at home and it just wasn't the same!
I ordered a chicken dish that was incredible...
I also ordered a side of their pasta which I could have eaten for my entire meal.
Mark got a steak and said it was the best steak he's ever had at a restaurant (he doesn't like ordering steaks anywhere b/c he prefers to grill them himself). So this says a lot. He said it was like butter in his mouth.
We ordered the chocolate souffle and OMG it was good! It came with a white chocolate cream sauce to go over it.
After dinner they bring you a drink to cleanse your palate. It was the highlight of my dinner at Palo last year. I searched for the recipe and couldn't find it. So this year our waitress wrote it down for me. Since it has alcohol I couldn't drink mine (although I did have a sip). I am going to make it after the baby is born. It's so refreshing!
It was really dark in the restaurant otherwise this would have been a great picture. Mark HATES taking pictures so I didn't ask to have another one taken of us. Boo.
When we got to the club to get the girls, They were painting a pirate ship. They were having so much fun they didn't want to leave. They were having a pirate show before dinner so we caught the end of it. It was cute.
Arrrgghh!
Daddy had to hold both girls up since we were in the back.
Mean pirate.
Dinner was fun b/c everyone was dressed up.
Addy was in rare form so I took advantage of the good mood and took many pictures of her.
Our waiter did a magic trick on Avery's hand.
She couldn't figure out how he made the pepper go through her hand!
Mark took Addy to save a place for the fireworks. Avery wanted her picture taken with Hook and Smee.
Mark doesn't understand why I freak out when he does this. Notice: Addy is sitting on the hand rail. There is plexiglass in front of her which comes up right below chin. On the other side, it goes straight down into the water. 12 stories high. Wouldn't any mom freak out when they saw this??? Not one other child was sitting on the rail anywhere else!! But I'm the crazy one for not liking it... Gives me anxiety just looking at the picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment