I went to my endocrinologist last week to give blood since my prolactin was high the week before at my OB's office. The endocrinologist called me herself on Thursday and asked me how I felt. I told her I felt good, other than being tired and a little dizzy at times. I told her I have no headaches or vision changes. She was concerned because my prolactin was still high. She told me to call her in a week and let her know if the dizziness goes away (which could be completely unrelated). If I still have the dizziness she'll repeat the bloodwork again and possibly do another MRI. I went through this same thing with Avery (minus the dizziness). My prolactin was high in my 2nd trimester and I had an MRI. They couldn't really tell anything though b/c they can't do the contrast when you are pregnant. Since I just started seeing this dr (b/c the endo dr who saw me with both pregnancies doesn't take my insurance anymore), she doesn't know my history. My memory isn't good enough to remember the details of my pregnancies and the prolactin levels. Maybe I should request my labs from my other dr so she can compare. I guess I'll do that Monday.
So her main concern is whether the tumor is growing. I REALLY pray that it isn't and hope that my body just produces extra prolactin when I am pregnant b/c of the tumor. There is absolutely nothing they can do while I am pregnant, but monitor me and the baby. No meds, nothing. After the baby is born, I'll have another MRI to see if it's grown. If it has, I will have to get on medication to shrink it. If I get on medication I can't nurse. I am a HUGE advocate for breastfeeding and would really like to breastfeed this baby for a year like I did the other two. Since I won't be working it will be so much easier to do!!! I pray that everything turns out ok and my baby is safe and healthy... and I'm able to breastfeed after baby3 is born - for as long as I want. I was really hoping for a low stress pregnancy this time around so I really hope this turns out to be ok!
No comments:
Post a Comment