Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Party

Mark and I have always wanted to have a costume party in our garage for all our neighbors to bring their kids.  We decided to do one this year but realized we wouldn't have enough room in the garage for everyone.  Plus we live on a busy street and didn't want anyone to get run over.  So we had it in the backyard.  Everyone brought a dish so it was potluck which worked out GREAT!  A couple girls helped me put together games and crafts so the kids would have something to do.  With just our the neighbors we hang out with, there were 35 kids and 30 adults!  I wanted to keep the kids busy so things didn't get destroyed like last time we had everyone over. 

Mark built Plinko and bean bag boards.  We had pumpkin bowling, crafts, face painting, sucker pull, costume contest and shoe boxes where the kids had to put their hands in and guess what was in there.  We also had pin the wand on the witch but we forgot about that one, and ducky pond for the littles, but we forgot about that one too.  I made a brain mold but forgot to put it out. Mark made a coffin to put all the beer in.  Mark's mom and Doug came up that morning to help decorate.  I REALLY appreciated that b/c there was so much to do and we didn't have that many decorations.  She brought all of hers and made it look really good. 

The next day I realized it was way too much work for just a couple of hours.  People didn't stay longer than 2 hours b/c everyone has littles that needed to go to bed.  If we do it again next year, there will not be all the games. 

Addy was going to be a mermaid but her costume was WAY Too big.  So she borrowed her friend Grace's cat costume.  I think it fit her personality perfectly.  Avery was the Statue of Liberty. Most kids had no clue what she was.  I thought she was adorable.  Alysse was an octopus and actually kept it on most of the night.  I was a peacock - mostly b/c we were all going to be peacocks at one time.  Then everyone's changed to something else, except for me.  Mark was a man riding an ostrich.  He and Alysse won the costume contest.  Emily won for the moms and Ben won for the boys.






























 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment