Thursday, October 31, 2013

Girly Update

This week has been a recovery week for us.  Alysse had bronchiolitis last week, Addy had strep, Friday was Daybreak with Dad, Addy's field trip and Avery's gym meet.  Saturday we had a neighborhood block Halloween party at our house.  I'm pooped.  Now I have a stomach bug with fever and haven't been able to leave the house.  Just waiting for Alysse to get it which is inevitable. 

Alysse has her swim test next week where they will throw her in the pool with all her clothes on to see if she can float back up to the top.

Avery starts practicing with Level 1 Team next week where they will start working on Level 2 routines.  She already knows them so it will be a matter of perfecting them. 

Addy isn't motivated to do much right now.  I think having strep threw her off.  She hasn't wanted to go to gym, doesn't like school, doesn't want to do homework, doesn't want to do much of anything.  I hope the phase passes soon.  Courtney told me that she will start putting Level 1 team together soon so I hope Addy is included in that group!  It's just going to be hard to get Addy motivated to do it.  She's so different from Avery in that Avery will practice everyday if she thinks it will help her be the best.  Addy could care less.  I have yet to figure out what makes Addy tick, what motivates her.  Everything is done on her time, when she wants to do it.  Avery is so competitive that she will not stop trying until she gets it.  Addy has so much potential... I just need to figure out how to keep her going.  She gets lazy sometimes and doesn't want to even leave the house.  She's such a homebody.

Everyday I sit and watch all three of my girls.  They are all so different and unique in their own way.  Addy is such a girly girl and Avery is such a tom boy. Addy doesn't get emotionally involved in movies or stories, but Avery cries at anything sad.  Addy always has good manners, Avery we have to remind every now and then.  Addy would love to sit on the couch and watch movies all day.  Avery wants to be outside or doing crafts.  Addy gets bored easy.  Avery finds things to do to fulfill her time.  Avery doesn't get embarrassed by anything.  Addy gets embarrassed by everything.  Avery is sneaky.  Addy is up front.  Soooo how will my little Alysse be?  Somewhere in the middle of my two extremely opposite older girls??  I can already tell that Alysse pushes the limits (like Addy) and is relentless (like Avery).  But she's cautious at the same time.  She has a temper and will scream to get her way.  She is more serious than goofy (like Avery) and very sweet and caring (like both Avery and Addy).  She loves to be held (like Addy) and repeats everything we do or say.  She seems like a mix of both her sisters.



No comments:

Post a Comment