Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Swim Week 4

I am reluctant to post any of this. Last time I posted good news we had a bad next day. Here goes anyway. 

This is our last full week. Since Alysse had such a hard time last Wednesday and Thursday I thought about adding days next week. Shannon said to wait and see how she does this week. Monday she had Kathleen and Shannon had already told her about alysse's bad two days. They went ahead and put her in a wet suit again to be safe. Alysse did much better this time. Kathleen said Alysse might have just felt bad or had sinus drainage or something that kept her from floating and turning. Tues Alysse had Kathleen again and Alysse ROCKED!!! She turned all by herself and floated too. Kathleen even turned her back into the water after floating and Alysse flipped herself back over to a float. It was So awesome to watch. I wanted to cry. 

Today was even better. She turned all on her own and then floated around without even fussing! Shannon said we can put her thru the test if I want to but don't have to. I am doing it. That's what all this is for right?  So at the end when Alysse is completely 100% doing it every single time with no struggle or bobble, they will do the true test. Shannon will be in the water. Alysse will be fully clothed, shoes and all. I will drop Alysse into the water and we will see if she can "survive". One lady said her baby floated for 7 minutes before she couldn't take it anymore and picked him up. But that just bought her 7 minutes to find him if he ever fell in!!! I can't wait until Alysse does it well enough for her test. We still have a couple of weeks for that. Shannon said if we decide to keep her in lessons year round, she will be swimming by herself next summer. We won't even have to worry about her!!! So mark and I want to try to find a way To make it work. Between cheerleading, gymnastics and swimming... We have some expensive kids!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment