So after a week had gone by without hearing from Courtney, I decided to call and leave a message for her to call me. She told me that we need to put Avery in Girls Rec Level 2 now and keep her at Westwood in Nova. Then in November when the season is over, Avery will be moved into Level 1 Team (Eek, so giddy for her). She thought this would be much better for her b/c season already started and the girls are in full swing of routines. She doesn't want Avery to get overwhelmed since this will all be new to her. In November, things will be calming down and a little more relaxed so Avery will jump right in. Avery and I had a talk b/c if she wants to do Team in November, she just can't do softball this fall. Not only does it overlap but she needs to stay in both gyms twice a week so she's ready to go when she's put on Team. I told her if she wanted to do softball I would keep her at Westwood and she can just do that. She just can't do it all, it's just too much.
She said she wanted to be on team, that it's her "dream". So we signed her up for Thursdays at Champion (Addy too!) and Wednesdays at Westwood. Courtney wants her to come watch a few practices before school starts to give Avery and idea what Team is like. She wants her to be full prepared for what is to come. So next week I will try to take her on Thursday.
Addy liked cheer practice a little better Tuesday. Her coach seems pretty hard core and I'm worried Addy will end up hating it. But I told her she needs to suck it up and make the best of it for two months, that once she cheers at a game, she might feel different about it. I really just want to pull her from it now but I don't think that's teaching her a very good lesson. She wanted to do it, I signed her up, so she isn't quitting. She will see this thing out unless it just gets to be too much. If nothing else, it might buy me more time before she ever wants to do cheerleading again, haha!
Avery was so cute during practice though b/c she was doing round offs and all the arm motions with the cheers. I asked if she wanted to be on the squad and she said "OH NO!" When I asked why, she said "It's just not my dream!" Addy interrupted "It's not my dream either, I'm just doing it for fun!" HaHa! I asked Avery what her dream was and she said "Gymnastics (Team) and tennis and softball." I told her we would try to make her fulfill all her dreams.
I asked Addy her dreams and she said she wants to be on The Voice and be famous, haha!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment