Thursday, August 22, 2013

9 Months Old!!!!

I cannot believe my sweet little baby is 9 months old today.  9 Months is another milestone month to me.  So many new things happen.  I took Alysse to her checkup today and she had her iron levels checked.  It is supposed to be 10.0 or higher.  Hers was 9.9.  Dr isn't too worried but said breastfed babies usually have lower iron levels anyway.  She suggested I load her up with iron foods like meat and greens.  She will have shots NEXT time, yippy!  I did have the older girls' flu shots, and mine today.  Alysse's will be tomorrow.  She has swim lessons today and tomorrow so I didn't want her to be sore or cranky.

Alysse weighs 18 1/2 lbs - 45% and is 27 1/2 in tall - 50%. Her head is also in the 45%.  It seems like everywhere I go, people tell me how big my baby is and how chunky her legs are.  I know she seems big, but she's not.  People aren't trying to be rude by any means but it's awkward b/c I don't know how to respond. Thank you?? - for telling me my baby is fat???  I usually just smile as I do when they say she looks sleepy.  It's not worth the confrontation.

Alysse has hit many milestones that I'm proud of.  She stands in the middle of the room with no support.  She's too scared to take steps so she just stands there.  She will walk if you hold her arms up above her head.  She waves occasionally and says "baba" for bye bye.  She mimics EVERYTHING so if you make a noise with your mouth, she will do the same.  We taught her how to push the button on the spinner thing we use to stimulate her little eye. 

She points at everything. She waves, but more to herself than other people. Alysse is ticklish on her back shoulder, collar bone and inner thigh. She bites and pinches hard!  Says go, oh oh, mama nana, dada, baba (bye bye) avey (total fluke), dado... And makes noise all day long. She's a gabber for sure.   If we say "where's the puppy" she will look around the room until she finds Sydney. Then she will point and say "doh". She also knows who is Avery, addy and dada. 













No comments:

Post a Comment