Friday, August 2, 2013

Quick Update

Writing as fast as I can b/c it's only a matter of minutes before Alysse is into something she shouldn't be.  That child is so high maintenance.  Into EVERYTHING... and it all goes into her mouth.  Even dead spiders.  That was fun trying to get out of her cheek.  I just got the willies typing it. 

Swim didn't go well Wed or Thurs.  Wed Shannon said Alysse seemed tired.  She swam her really hard on Tues so she assumed it was from that.  She swallowed a lot of water and couldn't float very well.  It was heartbreaking b/c she just cried the whole time yelling "dada" over and over.  WE ended the lesson 2 minutes early b/c she swallowed so much water and air from crying - her tummy was really tight.  Well Thursday wasn't much better.  Shannon ended up putting a wet suit on her to help her float.  Her face wouldn't even stay above water!  I'm not sure if it was b/c of the suit or what, but she couldn't even flip herself over. She would get really close, then flip herself back on her tummy.  Shannon had to pick her up so many times b/c she was under too long.  It was very hard to watch.  Shannon said sometimes they will do that - regress a little.  She swears by the end of the 4th week something just "clicks" and they get the whole thing every time.  I am not counting on it.  Seems like she's progressing so slow and back and forth.  Some good days, some bad.  She has four full days next week switching between Shannon and Kathleen.  I hope that doesn't make it worse.  Then she has two lessons a week for two weeks after that.  So we will see how next week goes.

Alysse is such a little stinker.  She doesn't sleep well at night.  She still wants to nurse ALL the time.  She literally nursed all night the other night.  I was so tired I kept her bed with me.  She wouldn't take her paci when she woke up so I would nurse her back to sleep.  She just kept nursing and nursing.  I fell asleep and woke up an hour later and she was STILL nursing!  She's just using me as a pacifier but the girl is drinking so much, her diapers are overflowing at night.  And it's no wonder her 6-9 clothes are getting tight!!!  If I can make it through one night I might start sleep training her in her crib soon - meaning putting her back in her crib after she gets up each time... not nursing her, just rocking her back to sleep and putting her in her crib.  Each time I try, she ends up in my bed in the middle of the night and I have no recollection of putting her there.  It's kinda scary!

She loves people food.  She wants to eat whatever we are eating.  I'm close to eliminating baby food all together b/c she just won't eat it.  I haven't found a food she doesn't like though.  Loves all fruit, veggies, meats, etc.  Her favorite so far is chicken parmesan that I made the other night.  She was growling at me for me in between bites.  I couldn't feed her fast enough!  Most of the time, though, she doesn't eat a lot of table or baby food in one sitting.  She takes a couple bites then she's done.  But she wants to eat all day long.  She's just like me in that aspect.  Little meals all day long. 

One of my favorite things Alysse does is how she touches my face (and anyone else's who talks to her).  Since she was like 3 months old, she has done this.  When she looks at you, she reaches her hand out.  If you are close enough she touches your face.  Within this last week, she started pointing.  So when someone is talking to me she reaches her arm out and points to them.  It's so sweet.  I also love how she lays her head on my shoulder when she gets shy, scared or tired.  She's a snuggle bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment