After we went to the after hours clinic last Saturday, Alysse's dr and I emailed back and forth everyday about her rash. It went from the back of her neck to her scalp then to her cheeks and forehead. She was still itching like crazy even after I gave her the antihistamine her dr prescribed. The medicine also made her very sleepy. The rash changed its appearance too so I decided to take her back in for her dr to see her. I didn't think it was heat rash since it was on her face. I didn't know what to give her b/c everything seemed to irritate it more. Her dr didn't really know what it was but suggested I take her to a dermatologist. Her best guess what that it was baby acne/cradle cap/eczema combined.
I took her to the derm today and she diagnosed her - seborrheic dermatitis (infantile eczema or better known as cradle cap)!
Seborrheic dermatitis is a common, inflammatory skin condition that causes flaky, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas such as the scalp or inside the ear. It can occur with or without reddened skin.
Cradle cap is the term used when seborrheic dermatitis affects the scalp of infants.
Apparently they can have it all over and especially in their creases and folds. and it itches really bad. She gave her an oil to put on the bumps when they flare up. We have to use special soap and lotion too. Alysse should outgrow it eventually and it isn't the same thing as eczema in children and adults.
No comments:
Post a Comment