Avery, on the other hand is in buckle down mode. Like Addy, she is young for her group. She is in first grade but her class is for 2nd grade and up. Avery, however, listens VERY well and does exactly what her coaches tell her. For that reason, Avery will keep moving up. She can keep up with the older girls b/c she is mature in that aspect for her age. Avery is in the advanced group which is the highest she can go before she gets into the competitive team.
Addy didn't move up to Comets, although I am pretty sure she will move up next eval time. She just needs to pay attention a little more and do her best during eval time. It's best that she didn't move up. Comets is the highest of the kinder classes so she has some time before she can move out of that class too. I think Addy has a lot of potential and could be REALLY good. She just doesn't take it serious enough to make herself better.
Avery DID move up - to Nova. Out of 600 kids at the gym, only 60 girls are in Nova. That's 10%. So we are really proud of Avery. I think it will be REALLY good for her confidence and her shyness. When I told her they competed she got really nervous. It isn't competitions like real gym meets. It's exhibitions and intramural type meets to show parents their routines. When I told her about it, she got a scared look on her face and said "I don't want to go to the Olympics one day! Too many people will be watching." Addy replied "I want to go to the Olympics!!! I WANT all those peope watching me!" It's so funny how different they are, but I love that about them. Avery felt better when I told her that it was nothing like the Olympics and how it's just routines they show the parents. I think she is really excited now. It's going to take her a while to learn the routines and get up to speed with the rest of the girls, but I think she will do fine. And maybe this will give her enough confidence to compete for real.... and she might end up loving it. For now she's having fun and that's all that matters.

No comments:
Post a Comment