Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Happy 2 months old!
Well we made it to 2 months old! It's been so crazy in such a short time. Poor baby has just not been happy. She has her days and when she's happy it's soooo wonderful. But every other day just about, she is fussy. Either her rash itches, her tummy hurts, or for 14 days straight she was congested. Thankfully the congestion is gone, her rash is better, and I thought her tummy was better, but she's still so fussy. Now I'm wondering if she is teething. She drools soooo bad! I changed three onesies today b/c she got them so wet with drool. She's also biting me when she nurses which is weird. She's spitting a lot so I'm not sure if it's just an overproduction of saliva that she's getting out or if it's from teething. Or maybe she's getting sick again. She drooled really bad the morning she got sick. Who knows.
Overall I just love her so much, even when she's fussy. Looking back at pictures she reminds me so much of Addy. She's almost the exact same size Addy was at 2 months old. Her skin tone is similar, she's fussy like Addy was, but also just such a little sweetheart. She has the longest fingers like Addy and my feet just like Addy. She also wants Mommy and ONLY Mommy just like Addy did. It's so hard b/c Alysse won't go to ANYONE. She just wants Mommy. I really want to break her of it but I don't even know how at this point. She freaks out so bad! She cries until she chokes herself. The big girls crack up at her b/c she sounds so funny. I'm going to pour breastmilk all over Mark and make him wear one of my shirts so she will let him hold her. I don't get a break, ever. Plus I want her to love him like she loves me so he can bond with her too.
Alysse still loves her room. When she's upset I will take her to her room and she will start smiling instantly. She's my first baby that will let me lay her down in her crib and actually fall asleep! She likes to sleep on her tummy and she likes to lay on the boppy on her tummy, but she doesn't like laying flat on her tummy. She'll get there. She's in no hurry to roll over, unlike Avery who was flipping over by 8 weeks old. She was so tiny though.
Alysse LOVES bath time. She hated it when I bathed her on the sponge, so now I use her little recliner and she loves it. I have to bathe her often b/c of the rash so she's getting one at least once a day. She poops nearly every time I nurse her. It's starting to smell like vinegar.
She LOVES Avery and Addyson. She will actually let them hold her any time of the day. I love watching them with her.
Alysse is also very senstive. She doesn't like loud noises or sudden movements. She also doesn't like deep voices or shouting. Just like Addy was. She loves to talk though. She opens her mouth really wide and smiles, then coos the sweetest coo. She found her tongue today so she sticks it out at us. I can't wait until her first chuckle.
This time with my first two babies, I was preparing to go back to work, which I did when they were 10 and 11 weeks old. I can't imagine leaving little Alysse at daycare. The only thing I am hoping for is that I am not hurting her more than helping by staying home. They had their little routines and interaction with other babies from such a young age (2 months old). They also adapted so well to other people. They learned to let other people hold them and learned to trust other adults. They also played with other babies so they weren't too spoiled with cuddle time. Alysse is going to have all of me for several hours a day. I know I am really going to enjoy being home with her - I just hope I'm not making it worse for her. I'm worried she won't be as adaptable, or as social as my first two. I also worry about her being too clingy to me. I'll love the time I spend with her, but I want her to trust other people too. Right now she only wants me and I really need her to go to other people.
With this being my third baby, I've learned to cherish the moments more. This is like my second chance to do it right. I know that the little phases we go through with babies do not last forever. So when things get tough I remember that it will soon pass. And when things are great, I remember to take lots of pictures and remember the exact moment that's happening. Avery and Addy grew up so fast... and I'll never get those baby days back. So now with little Miss Leesy, I am going to enjoy all the phases, even the tougher ones b/c I know it's so short lived.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment