Thursday, January 17, 2013
2 Month Checkup
I took Alysse to her 2 month checkup when she turned 8 weeks old. I wanted her to get her shots as soon as she was old enough. She can't get the flu shot until she is 6 months old but she can get her other, more serious shots now. I was a little annoyed b/c the tech did her weight and height while she was fully clothed with a full diaper. Since inaccuracy is my pet peeve, it drove me crazy that they didn't have her accurate measurements. They said her weight was 11 lbs 6 oz (75%) and her height was 23in (79%) and her head was 15 1/2 in (75%). Her head was right but her weight and height were not. I took her weight 5 days before that and she weighed 10 lbs 6 oz with only a clean diaper and onesie on. I knew she didn't gain a lb in that time. The chick also stretched her leg out super far and marked on the sheet under her too far out. I had also taken her height at home on her growth chart a few days before that and she was only 22in. There's no way she grew a whole inch in that little time. My friend Rachel is a pediatric dietician and measures kids as part of her job. She has the real deal measuring devices that I knew would be accurate. So she measured Alysse today and here are her stats... which seem much more likely:
10 lbs 13 oz (48%)
22.4 inches height (50%)
Alysse is so happy now that she's on Zantac. It's really helping her. I am still trying to avoid milk and cheese just to minimize her gas. She smiles at me all day long and loves to talk to me. She even talks to Mark now! She will even let him hold her every now and then. Huge improvement... thanks Zantac!
I started using her oil today on only her scalp. I am not putting anything on her face b/c the little bit of Vanicream lotion I put on her broke it out worse. So I am just going to put the oil and cream on her scalp and neck. She hasn't scratched much today.
Alysse loves to be awake at 3-4am. She's pretty consistent... she was even like that in my belly when I was pregnant. Her first smile was at 4am at 5 weeks old. This morning at 3:30am she was wide awake, sleeping on the boppy in the bed with me. She was smiling and cooing to herself. I can't get enough of it!
I have an appointment at TX Children's with the opthamologist on Jan 30th. Her pedi suggested we take her to a specialist there just to see what they think about her eye. It opens really wide when it's dark. It doesn't open much at all when it's bright, when she's tired or when she doesn't feel well.
Now that we've figured out her rash situation, I am having fun dressing her up. She doesn't like hats or headbands bc they itch her. I put them on long enough to snap a few pics. My computer is messed up so I can't upload pics right now but I will when it is fixed.
I love this baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment