Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo

This year we missed the Katy Rodeo b/c the weather was cold and Mark was having surgery so I wanted to take the girls to the Houston Livestock show.  I REALLY wanted them to do mutton bustin and they do it on the hour every hour.  The girls really wanted to do it with Hayden so Lori was going to meet us up there.  Since Alysse doesn't do well the later it gets, I wanted to get there right when it opened.  Lori didn't but my friend Kathryn wanted to follow us so it worked out perfect.  Kathryn followed us and helped me with the girls until Lori got there.  My girls got to hang out with their BFF's and then their cousin.  They told me it was the FUNNEST day ever, lol!

 
I usually don't waste money on the silly pony rides that literally last 2 minutes, but since we saved $17 on parking by getting there early, I let them do it. 


 
Addy was excited b/c they had to stop the ride to let her horse poop.








 
At 11am I signed the girls up for Mutton Bustin at 12pm.  They were sad b/c Hayden weighed too much to do it.  He was such a good sport though and cheered his cousins on!










 
Avery went before Addy.  Her sheep fell right out of the gate, but Avery stayed on.  She stayed on the entire time and even after the clowns tried to stop her.  They missed and she ended up hitting her head on the gate.  Thank goodness she had a helmet on!
 
Addy went next.  She was sooooo cute.  She fell off a little after the sheep took off b/c he was soooooo fast!  The did a backward roll after she fell off so it looked pretty graceful.  She stood up and waved then gave a thumbs up.  So cute.
 
Avery ended up winning the whole thing!  She got a belt buckle and when they interviewed her she got so nervous.  They asked how she was able to win and she said "I just held on very tight."  Then they asked if she had done it before and she said no and they asked again if she was sure she didn't have any coaching or anything.  Avery shook her head and looked like she was going to cry!  When I asked her why she said b/c she didn't know what they meant.  Bless her heart. 
 
Both the girls were so excited afterward they asked when they can do it again.  So we will start looking for rodeos around Houston to take them to!
 
Two of Addy's friends from school just happened to be at the same event.  They rode the sheep too (Austin actually got to do it in the big arena at Reliant and won 2nd!).




No comments:

Post a Comment