So proud of Addy. They had evaluations at gym again and she moved up to comets. She tried so hard this time and did her best. I told her it would pay off. There were only a few things that she needed to work on form. Everything else was awesome. This came at a really good time for her. I've been praying a lot for addy since Alysse came. She isn't getting as much of my attention and she's having a hard time with it. She is also caught in Avery's shadow a lot. Since Avery is older it appears that she is better than addy at everything. Which she is, but the reality is that Addy is almost two years younger! Avery is very very good at gymnastics And reading. But so is addy. Avery just gets there first. Addy is a small step behind where Avery is and addy is so good partly bc she has Avery to watch. Avery is a great role model for addy. I could not have picked a better big sister for her. I just hope it stays that way.
Mark and I have been really worried about addys mental state. Avery moved up to nova in gym, she won mutton bustin, she has all As in school... Addy always asks me when does she get to win, be in nova and go to elementary. She's been so down lately. She said she didn't want to go to gym anymore. I knew it was because Avery moved up last time and she didn't. Bless her heart. She's trying to be a six year old. She isn't enjoying being a four year old (now five). She doesn't understand that she's so far ahead of most girls her age. She compares herself to Avery in every way. And She hasn't even started kinder yet!!!
When they called Addys name to give her the evaluation, My heart was pounding from nerves. Thank goodness she moved up. It was exactly what Addy needed. She loves gym again and is so proud of herself. I told her that her hard work paid off.
She's at the highest level she can be for the kinder/ first grade class. I assume she will stay there for a while bc I do not foresee them moving a barely 5 year old up to Advanced with 2nd graders and up. Avery moved to advance at the end of kinder so ill be interested to see when they move addy there. If it takes longer I will still be so proud of her for trying her best and having fun doing it.
Now mark is building a balance beam in the back yard so they can practice their routines together. Ahhh the fun times of gymnastics. I get to live it all over again with them. This time is much more fun!

YEAH ADDY!! Memaw and PawPaw are soooooo proud!!
ReplyDelete