Monday, February 4, 2013

Patching Day 3

 
Today broke my heart.  I patched her eye right after she woke up from her nap this morning.  I thought it would be a good time b/c she was in such a great mood.  But it was hard to watch her.  She didn't like the patch on this time and it was as if she didn't understand what was happening.  She moved her head around like she couldn't get her focus on the little eye.  It was strange.  It scared me at first but then I realized she just didn't like having the patch on.  She wanted to close her eyes b/c the left one was forced closed.  I tried to stimulate her but it was all I could do to keep her eye opened.  She whined and I could tell she didn't like it.  I've really learned what all her little noises mean.  She wasn't in pain and she wasn't upset... she was just uncomfortable.  I only left it on for 35-40 minutes today.  It was hard enough doing it that long.  I'm not sure how good it's actually working.  She still has vision in that eye so I guess it's doing something good.  I'm trying to have faith that it will get better, but it's really hard to stay positive about it.  My worst fear is that I am doing her more harm than good.  I need to stop worrying so much but I just don't want her to lose vision in that eye.  The lid itself can be fixed.  Her vision cannot.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment