Addy just recently started reading all by herself. We caught her reading in her room one night, sounding out words and making them up if she didn't know what they were. Then we caught Avery in there helping her another time. Usually Addy gets bored and will look through pages of books, making up her own words. But she never really TRIES to sound them out. Well she does now and gets most of them right. Sometimes I'll hear Avery say "How do you know that word?" Addy replies "Because I just know." Addy has a photographic memory. So if she is told the word ones, she memorizes and says it by herself the next time. Avery started reading by sounding everything out. She didn't memorize site words... she sounded them out each time. I think it's the cutest when they girls read to Alysse.


No comments:
Post a Comment