Nothing like waiting until the last minute to discuss how we will spell the baby's name. Originally, the girls and I wanted to name her Analysse, but Mark did not like the name for his own personal reasons. So I just dropped the "An" and kept it Alysse. I have spelled it like that since. I ordered her Santa Bag with her name spelled with two S's. My shower had two S's on the banner. I already filled out hospital paperwork with two S's. I even bought wall letters to spell it with two S's. So to me, it's a done deal.
Mark brought it up the other day that he thought we should spell it with one S b/c two S's sounds like Aliss. I think one S sounds like Alice. I googled both ways and apparently, as unique as the name is, when it it spelled with an A it has one S most of the time. I just really like it with 2 S's but I have to admit one S is growing on me. It's already spelled weird b/c we are using an A instead of an E. Maybe we shouldn't make it to complicated for her, poor child. So right now we aren't sure how we will spell it. When it comes time for the birth certificate, we will decide. At that point there is no turning back! For now I guess it's NOT a done deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment