My children are now offical fishergirls. Mostly Avery b/c Addy gets bored. I had a much needed girls weekend (which got cut short b/c I had to come home for Avery's Mayfest) and while I was gone Mark took them fishing at our neighborhood lake/pond. Avery is hooked. Addy likes to go but she would rather play in the rocks and water. She did catch a perch with a hot dog and reeled it in on her new Barbie pole.
Avery has now learned to bait her own hook, cast it, set the hook when a fish starts nibbling, and reels it in.
Here she is reeling it in...
She caught a bass also using hot dogs...
Addy just wanted to pet the fish. She didn't want to stick her fingers in its mouth. I don't blame her!
Here's Addy playing on the rocks...
Avery asked Mark to take her fishing again that night so he called our neighbor Heath and his boys to join them. I'm not sure how Avery and Logan got up on this column but they look like teenagers hanging out talking. So cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment