Since this is the new blog, I am going to update this one with all the latest activities.
Last night the girls had their first night in their new gym class. Addy moved up to Red which is the highest level she can go to before moving to the kindergarten/first grade class. They only offer the class on Monday nights, during the day sometime in the week and Saturday mornings. We can only go on Monday nights right now. This summer that will change.
Avery moved up to Advanced - which is 2nd grade and up. I was really worried about her moving up b/c she would be with really big kids. Her coach reassured me that she was definitely ready to move up and said she was a "beast" and could do anything. He said she was doing back handsprings with him spotting her.
So last night, Addy was really cute. There were only three in her group so she had a lot of one on one time. She struggled with some of the stuff they had her do, but she did well with a spot. I think she'll do just fine in that class. Her cartwheels are the only thing she just can't get. She bends her leg instead of keeping it straight so it doesn't go all the way around. Once she realizes what it feels like to do it with a straight leg, she'll be fine. She rocks on all the other events. I'm blown away how good she is at vault. I always crashed and was never strong enough to make it over very well. She said she loves being red and can't wait to go back. Yay!
Avery was so nervous for her class - she had her fingers in her mouth the whole time, which is what she does when she's nervous. I felt so sorry for her b/c she was so tiny - a good foot smaller than the smallest girls in there. There was actually a 17 year old in there that was as tall as Mark!!! Two little girls in her class kept asking to hug her and I saw the coach hug her several times. Avery said they told her she was so cute. She kept right up with them. She couldn't do everything they did but she sure tried. One little girl was so sweet to her and kept helping her up on the bar. She's so tiny she couldn't reach it! The coach finally got a mat for her to stand on. After class was over Avery told me that she really liked her new class and that the other girls were so "tall". She is excited to go back next week, which makes me happy to hear!
This morning Avery asked me if we could name the baby "Sari". I asked "What baby?" She said, the next one you have when I have a baby brother or sister. Whew... I thought somehow she figured it out. She knows that one is coming, she just doesn't realize one is already growing in my belly.
No comments:
Post a Comment