Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Things to Remember

I have realized that there are so many things I forget as the girls get older.  It's so hard to distinguish Avery and Addy's ages b/c they are so close together.  Addy seems a lot older b/c she is very articulate with her words.  She's also advanced for a 5 year old so I am constantly thinking she's much older.  Many times I have to remind myself that she's only 5.  Although she's smart, she's pretty immature.  She wants to be a baby all the time so she whines, cries, says baby words and acts more like 3 than 5.  I just can't remember doing that in Kinder.  So I am going to start writing down things they do so I can look back when Addy is 7 and Alysse is their ages.  By the time Alysse is 5, I might not care and just be happy that she is fed and dressed.  I will have a 10 yr old and 12 yr old then so things will be pretty crazy!

Addy loves potty words - like poo poo, tee tee, poop, toot, etc.  She also does this "WHAA" thing that is super loud when she doesn't get her way.  She's still into Barbies, Lego Friends, Polly Pocket, American Girl and painting.  She likes cartoons, but has graduated to Tom and Jerry type cartoons.  Mickey Mouse clubhouse and Peppa Pig are just too young for her.  She does like Sophia the First but she's over most of the princesses (bitter sweet).  She loves tv shows like Jesse, Austin and Ally, Shake it Up and Teen Beach Movie type movies.  She wants to be held all the time, would sleep with me every night if she could and still loves "Squishy arms".  Her favorite books are Fiction - she comes home with a lot of fairy tale books from the library.  She prefers Alysse's toys over her own but that might just be the fact that she wishes she were a baby.   She has incredible manners, does chores and helps pick up when asked, loves to help (especially Avery) and loves to get praised.  Addy could be a couch potato if we let her.  She loves to eat snacks, could skip every meal if we let her and wants to watch tv all the time.  She gets bored playing upstairs even when friends come over to play.  She's kinda bossy and doesn't have a whole lot of friends at school b/c they either all get in trouble or don't play things she wants to play.  Her friends are Grace and Presley.  Hadley asks her to come play at her house often but Addy never wants to go.  She would rather stay home with me.   It's like pulling teeth to get her to do homework.  She said it's boring.  Addy is so hard to keep occupied.  She gets bored and nothing ever stimulates her enough.  She thinks her teacher hangs the moon... I wish I knew her secret!   Addy is a teenager trapped in a child's body.

Avery, although more mature than Addy, is still into younger things thank goodness.  I know the day is coming all too soon where she will be too cool for Disney Channel (although I still watched Disney movies all the way into college).  Avery is an old soul though.  She is an old lady trapped in a child's body.  Avery is still into arts and crafts, legos, and painting, but she loves playing dr, teacher and mom/baby best.  She isn't into Barbies much b/c she said "I don't know how to play barbies b/c you have to make up things for them to say.  It's weird."  She loves American Girl stuff too.  I'm not sure they are old enough to really "get" the AG thing but they have so much of the stuff I know they enjoy playing around with it.  Avery will watch anything - even Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  She still likes Peppa Pig and Little Bill.  Her favorite movies are nongender specific like Monsters University, Rise of the Guardians and Despicable Me.  She also loves any movie that is about gymnastics. Avery is starting to get more of an attitude, talk back more and informed me that she doesn't like doing things for Addy b/c Addy has two feet and can do it herself.  This is a constant battle b/c Addy is constantly doing things for her but Avery never wants to return the favor.  She's also getting very opinionated and wants to know why she has to do certain things when told. I have learned that I can't say "will you take your clothes" but her reply is now "no I don't want to".  I have to say "Take your clothes" and she will do it most of the time until I tell her to take her sisters' as well.  I've noticed things don't scare her like they used to.  She does, however, want Addy to sleep with her every night and gets upset if Addy wants to sleep on the top bunk by herself.  She's very nerdy and sneaks around to read and do school work.  She loves anything school related... and magic tricks too.  Avery has a small group of friends at school but mostly plays with Jorie the most.  She doesn't ask for playdates much but that's probably b/c she has Addy to play with.

Alysse is a little firecraker.  She's such a sweetheart though.  She tests the limits and if I let her do something she knows she's not supposed to, she will smile at me and grunt with that look like "can I really do it?"  She's super fast and sneaky - she sits and listens to see if the girls close the stair gate all the way.  If they don't, she runs as fast as she can and bolts up the stairs.  She also loves digging through the pantry.  She eats all the time and there isn't anything she won't eat.  I figured out that if I want to stop any of her fits, I just say "Ipad" and she immediately stops crying and says "ipa". She is such a snuggle bug and wants to be held pretty much all the time.  She loves her sisters more than anything and copies EVERYTHING they say or do.  She's a climber!!!!  I can't keep her off the furniture.  She loves flipping already (forward rolls).  Bath is her favorite thing to do.  Loves to be outside.  Loves to dance.  Loves music.  She was climbing on the back of her high chair the other day (the third one she's had b/c she climbs out of all of them) and Mark said "no no!"  She mocked him "nah nah" right back and she walked away from him.  She could sit on the ipod or ipad all day long if I let her.  Alysse is a 5 yr old trapped in a 1 yr old's body!

No comments:

Post a Comment