Alysse and I have finally got into a routine, somewhat. I've enjoyed her so much. I sit an stare at her all day, as if she were my first baby. She is such a sweet baby. She sleeps 99% of the day and of course her favorite place to eat is in my arms. I do put her down occasionally when I need to get things done. It's hard b/c I just LOVE holding her. Our first night home together was pretty rough. She HATED her bassinet. She cried every time I put her down in it. She didn't want to sleep in the swing or the bouncer either. I refused to put a 1 day old in bed with me so Mark and I sat up until 1am with her rocking her and trying to put her down somewhere. Finally, I gave up and put the boppy aroun me. I laid her on it in front of me and held her. She slept for 2 hours like that until the next feeding. It was the only way to get her to sleep. The next night I propped her up on the boppy in between me and Mark. She slept for 2-3 hours at a time, as long as I swaddled her really tight. She slept like that for a couple more nights. I ordered her a rock and swing sleeper to put next to the bed. When it finally came in, she slept like a baby in it. She LOVES it. As long as she's swaddled. She sleeps in it during the day and at night. It's the best thing we could have invested in. Unfortunately a couple nights I was REALLY tired so I fell asleep while nursing her. I laid her next to me to nurse and woke up an hour later with her sleeping next to me.
I was sick the day the released me from the hospital so they gave me antibiotics for a sinus infection. Monday Mark woke up with a sinus infection too. Thankfully he was negative for flu. Avery came home the same day with a scratchy throat with white patches on her tonsils. I took her to the dr but she didn't have strep thankfully! I just want everyone well!!! I'm freaked out at the thought of my tiny baby getting sick this young. If she gets a fever of 100.4 or higher, they automatically admit her into the hospital where she will have a spinal tap and all kinds of pokes and tubes. NOT ideal for a newborn. It would break my heart. So we are being as cautious as we can and not taking the girls to gym or anywhere public like that. Apparently Katy is hit really hard with the flu right now and it's hit the peak that usually doesn't come until January. Of course it would be here now while my baby is so young. Freaks me out.
Since Mark was sick Monday and Tuesday, Alysse and I have slept in her room. She LOVES her room. It's such a calm color, I don't blame her. When we are in her room, she looks around and stares at everything. She doesn't cry in her crib either. I slept in the full size bed and she slept in her rocking sleeper. She sleeps 2-3 hours everytime and only wakes up to eat. She goes right back to sleep after eating, and usually falls asleep while nursing. I just put her back in her sleeper and she sleeps until the next time to eat.
One night I fed her at 8pm and put her in her bed to sleep. I woke up again at midnight and she was in bed with me! I have no clue how she got there! Obviously I put her there but I don't remember waking up and putting her in bed with me. I guess at her 10pm feeding I was so tired I laid her next to me to nurse. It scares me when I do that b/c I am so tired there's no telling what I would do! Thankfully I was on the outside of the bed so there was no way she could fall off. I've made sure sinec then to get up and out of bed to get her so I don't drop her or roll on top of her.
When she sleeps in my room, I think she smells that it's different. She doesn't go back into her bed as good. She loves sleeping in my bed with me. I have to make a conscious effort to rock her in her sleeper or else I'll just let her sleep with me so I can get an extra hour of sleep. It's hard to wake up!!!
She's such a sweet little baby. Although she sleeps most of the time, she loves to cuddle. Her hands are so big - she has the longest fingers. Her feet are so tiny and skinny with the longest toes. She dreams with her eyes open and makes the cutest cat sounds. She definitely makes a good Aly cat, haha! She has a lot of gas so I have to give her gas drops pretty frequently. She poops pretty much every time she nurses. The girls got a big kick out of her pooping all over me one day when I lifted her butt to wipe it. It shot straight up in the air, all over me and the bed. It happened again the next time I changed her!
Daddy says she has my nose! Poor baby. I can't figure out whose skin tone she has. She looks darker like him but she gets really red on places where she's touched or wiped. Her eyelashes are light brown and her little eye brows (the little bit she has) are blonde. Her right eye is looking so much better. She actually has a crease now in the eye lid! Her eye opens a lot more, but not quite all the way. It's getting there!
She LOVES her paci and gets really mad when it falls out. She loves her head rubbed and sometimes I have to rub her head for a while to get her to sleep. She hates the bouncer and likes the swing but only for short periods of time. My milk comes out really fast so sometimes I choke her. Mark gets freaked out when she gets choked b/c she can't breathe and gasps for air. I just keep her calm and whisper to her and she is ok.
Avery and Addy are so good with her. I've felt bad for them b/c Avery was sick so I made both of them stay away from her. They have for the most part, talking to her from a short distance. I don't let them go into her room to make sure there is one room in our house with no sick germs in it. Addy has really surprised me with her. She sings to her and talks to her, puts a blanket on her and rocks her sleeper. Everytime she walks by her she says "love you Leesy" (which is what I call her). Avery just stares at her. Since she's been sick she hasn't held her or even asked to. Once I know she's well she can start holding her again. It's been challenging balancing three kids but Mark has been a lot of help keeping the big girls entertained. I can't wait until Alysse is two months old and I can take her out and about.
This week we have her eye appt and my two week followup. Next week we have Avery's endocrinologist appt (for her thyroid problems) and Alysse has her one month appt. Hopefully everyone will stay well until Christmas and we won't have to spend any more days at the dr office! Things get pretty hectic with three!
No comments:
Post a Comment