Saturday, September 8, 2012

29 Weeks


I am now 29 weeks!!  This is the best I have felt the entire pregnancy.  I think I'm finally on all the supplements and vitamins I need to make the pregnancy bearable.  My bloodwork at the last appt confirmed that I am anemic, even with the iron supplement.  I do not have gestational diabetes which is great and supports my endocrinologist prediction that I would never have gestational diabetes or any other type of diabetes ever in my life.  I gained another 3 lbs my last dr appt so I'm up to 20 lbs total.  Way more than my first two pregnancies at this point, but I'm not worrying about it anymore.  My face is definitely filling out and my butt is just about as big as my stomach.  They are growing in proportion to each other so I'll look really funny when the baby comes out and my stomach isn't as big anymore, haha.  Hopefully I'll be able to nurse and walk every morning with her after she's born, which will help take off some of the pregnancy weight.  I can't really exercise right now b/c of the contractions.  I am also taking calcium, magnesium potassium supplements which REALLY help my contractions.  They also help my leg cramps b/c I wake up with charlie horses too many times when I forget to take my supplement.  I'm also swelling so bad at night when I've been on my feet too much during the day.  My ankles and calves swell so bad, they get so tight and hurt even to touch them.  Thankfully it's going to start getting cooler soon.  This 100 degree weather is torture!

Alysse is the name!  It's so unique... after having an Avery and Addyson which are so common right now, it will be fun to have a girl with a name no one else has.  Mark finally committed to it, but we have yet to come up with a middle name.  She is such a sweet little baby in my tummy.  She just rolls around.  Her movements are so gentle and nothing like violent Addy!  She sleeps a lot and is most active at night.  She gets the hiccups ALL the time, poor baby. We are having the 4d ultrasound done in a couple weeks which I cannot wait b/c we are taking the girls to see it.  They've never seen an ultrasound before and this will be a very special time for them!!!  I love having them involved in this pregnancy.  They are learning so much about life and what it takes to grow a  baby and keep it healthy.  I am also having a small baby shower for Alysse.  It's kinda weird having a shower for my third girl, but she needs something to celebrate her life.  We are all so excited about her arrival, why wouldn't I celebrate it??  The girls will be part of it too which is going to be so awesome!!!

Paw Paw bought her bedding and it looks great in her room. The original bedding he picked out was adorable in the catalog, but didn't look the same when it arrived.  It was a beautiful set but didn't match well with the walls.  It also had blue, pink, green and magenta in it and I really only want lavender and white with dark purple accents in her room.  So I exchanged it for another purple and white set.  It isn't as girly but it looks really pretty in the room and matches the wall better.  I have washed ALL her clothes (handed down from Avery and Addyson) and put them away in her room.  The only thing I haven't done in her room is hang things on her wall.  I need to get letters for her name and figure out what I'm going to put everywhere.  I pulled down all Addy's things and still need to move them to her new room too.  Lots to do!  But since I'm not working I have plenty of time (as long as Alysse doesn't come too soon). 

No comments:

Post a Comment