I took Alysse to her 15 month checkup and she did well, considering she got 2 shots. She still has knots where the injections went in. First thing I told the dr is that I needed to talk to her about Alysse's diet and sleeping habits b/c I was really concerned about both. Alysse eats all the time. I can't keep her full!! She doesn't drink a whole lot of milk which I now realize is probably part of the problem. But the child will eat all of her breakfast and still be hungry. She will eat an entire lunch and still want a snack. She eats healthy for the most part, which the dr said is most important. I don't give her much juice but she drinks A LOT of water. She pees every 5 minutes it seems. I told the dr I knew she would be overweight so I already know her diet needs adjusting b/f she tells me anything. The dr looked at me funny and read her stats to me:
Weight: 21.5 lbs (29%)
Height: 30.5" (50%)
Head: 18.5" (79%)
BMI: 16.32 (consistent with each time she's been measured)
I was shocked. Where did all that food go??? She can put away a bowl of fruit in less than 2 minutes. She sucks down the Morning Mashups without even taking a breath. Dr said that as active as Alysse is (according to what I tell her), she's burning off everything she eats, which is why she is still hungry. She has the CUTEST belly that sticks out so far I know she can't see her own feet. But she gets it honestly. I was a chunker at that age with a HUGE belly. So she said just keep doing what I am doing and just feed her more fatty foods that will fill her up - cheeses, yogurts, etc.
I told her that Alysse still isn't sleeping through the night. Boo! Well I am pretty sure it's b/c she is still in bed with us. I told her my fear of putting her in her crib - that she is a climber and will definitely climb out. She said I have two options - put up a net or take off the front of the crib and make it a toddler bed. I opted for option 2. Nets freak me out. So my goal is to start transitioning her into her own bed this weekend so she will be used to sleeping on her own in May when we go to Cabo (slightly freaking out about being gone 3 nights).
I also expressed my concern with Alysse's development. Some of the things she does freak me out b/c I feel like she shouldn't be doing it so early. It's one thing to be early at walking (first step at 7 months), but it is in every aspect of her life. She started holding a pencil the correct way at 10 months old. Even if you hand it to her backwards, she will turn it around until it's in the proper position and then start writing. She talks in sentences and can understand pretty much anything you tell her. She knows how bad we want her to say I Love you. So she will repeat EVERY word we say... then when we get to "I Love you" she will turn her head to the side and say "no!" She's such a stinker. She will say "'Er Ipa Go?" meaning "Where'd ipad go?" and "Mommy so pitty". She will also point to every body part and tell you the name. Ok so she is an early talker. Girls usually are.
Well, it's the fits, along with early walking and talking, that concern me. She is very aggressive and throws full out temper tantrums like a 2 yr old. She can get REALLY mean. She throws food when she doesn't want it. Will hit or pinch your face if she's mad. She will also throw herself on the floor if she doesn't get her way. She screams at the top of her lungs if she tries to take something from you and you won't let her have it. Her fit got so bad one night I was really freaked out. She was punching and kicking the air and screaming for no reason. At first we laughed b/c it was so shocking to see her like that, but when it continued on I started to get worried. Then we thought she might just be tired b/c she passed out really early that night and didn't even fight us going to sleep. When I told the dr about her fits, she said it sounded like Alysse was going through terrible 2's early. She said if there was anything to be concerned about, there would be other red flags, but she hasn't seen any. Alysse is very social, makes eye contact, can verbally express what she wants and otherwise. Since she has two older sisters, she is trying to do everything they do. She said hopefully by the time she is 2 she will be calmer and a good listener (let's hope!). That made me feel a lot better. None of my children have been calm so I'm not counting on that part. But hopefully she will settle down some and no be so aggressive.
She really can be a sweet little baby. She's nonstop though and never sits down longer than 2 minutes. So as long as I'm prepared for an active day we can manage just fine. It's when our schedules are thrown off and she doesn't get a good nap that things get ugly (which seems like 85% of the time). I have started talking things through with her and trying to reason with her which also seems to help. She understands way more than I thought she did. She's never been a "go with the flow" baby so I just shouldn't expect it! She is actually starting to develop her own little personality and she's really funny! Kinda dry and goofy at the same time. Definitely a little stinker!
No comments:
Post a Comment