Friday, September 27, 2013
Superlice
There is a huge lice infestation going on in Katy right now! Four girls on Addy's cheer team had it, one of which spent the night with Addy not knowing she had it. We disinfected our house really well and treated everyone just to be safe. Thankfully I never saw a nit or louse but I was still on edge. Last week I got a call from a mom in Addy's kinder class. I don't know her other than meeting her once to talk about girl scouts. She said her daughter had lice and she want trying to find out where she got it. I was so worried Addy really did have it from the last time and I just didn't catch it. Thankfully I did a VERY thorough check on Addy (I pretty much picked the poor girl apart every hour) and never saw a thing. The girl's mom insisted I take Addy to the lice clinic in Katy just to be safe. I really didn't want to pull Addy out of class just to have her checked and I certainly didn't want Addy to GET lice from taking her to the clinic. So I emailed her teacher to see what she thought we should do since she knows about the lice in her classroom. She had the nurse check everyone and they found three more cases in Addy's class - but Addy was lice free!!! I am still pulling Addy's hair back EVERYDAY (Avery's too just to be safe) and I'm still checking her and washing with lice prevention. Apparently the lice going around is called "superlice" b/c you can't kill it with over the counter treatments. They are resistant to it!!! It makes my head itch thinking about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment