Avery is my sweet, people pleasing, first born. She does not like getting in trouble and she always wants to be right. She wants all A's and to make us proud.
A few things she has said that have made me laugh:
"Mommy, we already had enough sugar today so we don't need a dessert tonight okay?"
"Mommy, instead of family movie night Friday, can we just do Math problems?"
"Is it ok if I just read instead of watching tv today? "
Then... after I turn off the lights to put them to bed, I always go back in to kiss them when they are asleep. One night I went in and Avery was under the covers. She popped up and I immediately knew she was doing something she wasn't supposed to. I was getting mad until I saw that her headlight was on and her book was open. She was reading under the covers so I wouldn't see! How do you get mad at your child for reading too much? I did tell her it wasn't right to sneak around, even if it was to read.
She also wants to read her books while we walk to school. She loves books and Math so she would rather do that than anything else. I'll take it while I can b/c I know when she gets in Jr High that will ALL change!
No comments:
Post a Comment