Saturday, June 1, 2013

Alysse's Baptism

Sunday (also Mother's Day) May 12, 2013 we had Alysse baptized.  It was such a special day for us.  Since we don't really have a church "home" we decided to get her baptized at the same place Avery and Addy were baptized, where Mark and I got married.  It was really special that way.  We are planning on becoming members of this Methodist church in Katy, but it really meant more to have Alysse baptized at our old church.

I searched ALL over Katy for a baptism gown.  Everyone was sold out.  So thankfully I called Pasadena and they had a ton (lots of Catholics there) and Mom picked one up for me.  It was the most beautiful gown for a baby.  Alysse, being the high maintenance baby she is, looked beautiful in it and it fit her in more ways that one!  Mark said she looked Amish with the bonnet on but I loved it. 

We asked our friends Rachel and Jason to be her Godparents.  My sister, sister and law and brother in laws are already the big girls' Godparents, so we needed to consider someone outside the family.  We really wanted two people who would be positive influences on Alysse's life.  Someone who would help grow her spiritually and hopefully be part of the rest of her life.   Rachel and Jason were exactly that.  Rachel has probably prayed for me and my family more over the last few years than anyone else in the whole world.  Anytime I am feeling anxious and worried, I call Rachel asking her to say a quick prayer for whatever it is.  Jason is Mark's closest friend so I KNOW he's praying for Mark too.  Unfortunately they are moving to London in August (sniff sniff) but they will be back in two years and hopefully we can pick up where we left off when they get back. 



































No comments:

Post a Comment