I had my 36 week appt today. I have waited for this appt b/c I knew I would get good information. And boy we got a lot of information today.
My BP was 120/79 - the highest it's been yet. I stopped taking the calcium/magnesium/potassium b/c I didn't want it to keep me from going into labor... not that it would. Since it lowers my BP I expected it to go up a little.
I gained 2 more pounds... so total weight gain is 28 pounds. I'm on track to gain 30 total just like I thought I would. More than my first two pregnancies but I am ok with it! My baby is so far healthy!
She checked my cervix... I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Yay! It doesn't mean a whole lot to me though b/c I am pretty sure I was the same with both girls at 36 weeks. I even regressed with Avery and went down at the next appt. So who knows what's going to happen.
She did an ultrasound and it was so awesome to see my sweet baby girl again. Her little face is so sweet and it was confirmed - her head is down! We knew it was but it was nice to see it on the screen. Her little hands were up by her head which also confirmed all the scraping feelings I am having down below. I actually saw her hand move at the same time I felt the scrape. It was nice to see it actually happen! Her cord was floating right in front - not wrapped around her neck like I've been worried about. There was plenty of amniotic fluid. We saw her heart and bladder. Seems like she always has a full bladder when I have my ultrasounds. She couldn't get a good look of her genitals but said she definitely didn't see anything "hanging down" to confirm otherwise. I asked about her size and she is guessing she's around 5 to 5 1/2 pounds right now based on the size of my uterus. My dr doesn't do measurements on the ultrasound so I don't know her exact size.
We also scheduled my induction date. They won't schedule anyone until they are 36 weeks so apparently other people beat me to the date we hoped. Nov 20 is completely full... and so it the first half of Nov 21. So I am scheduled to go in Nov 21 at 5pm to be induced. Definitely not ideal but since it's my third hopefully it won't take long to get labor going. If things go well I should have her the night of Nov 21, which means I'll be spending Thanksgiving Day in the hospital. Awesome. Since the pediatrician won't release the baby until he sees her, I will also not be able to go home until that Friday at the earliest. I have to stay in the hospital for 24 hours so I wouldn't be able to go home until late Thursday anyway. So we are looking at going home Friday November 23. The positive side is that I am guaranteed to have my dr deliver her b/c she isn't going out of town until Thursday. The other positive thing is that the girls are out of school from Wednesday - Friday so they will get to be with me the whole time! Except during the actual delivery... that's kinda gross. But I won't have to worry how they get home from school or anything else. That's assuming I get induced.
Should I go into labor before than (which I am pretty confident I will) none of that matters. The only down side is that my dr is on call this coming weekend. So if I go into labor another weekend besides this one, another dr will be delivering my baby. Let's just hope I go into labor during the week! I am pretty sure I won't make it to Nov 21 - since my due date of Nov 27 is actually later than what it should be (based on conception date), I think my due date should be Nov 23. Addy came on her own 6 days early. So I'm hoping Alysse will follow her lead and come a week early. During the week!
So overall everything is good and ready for her arrival. Come on Alysse!
No comments:
Post a Comment