Sunday, July 6, 2014

Karolyi Camp




















Avery loved her first overnight camp in Hunstville. It was hard on her mommy though.  Avery took one of Nanie's iPhones to camp so she could call me each morning. She sleep walks regularly and I was so nervous she would walk put into the woods and no one would ever know. The national training facility is out in the middle of nowhere so she would get lost for sure. She was instructed to call or text me when she woke up but she never did. I would try to call, FaceTime and text her but no response. A few times I could tell she was trying to answer but it wouldn't connect. So I just assume reception was bad. By Wednesday I was really missing her.  I just assumed she was really busy but then I found out she called and talked to my sister and told her all about camp. It made me cry!  Mostly bc she didn't miss me enough to call me. But the more I thought about it the madder I got. She was not obeying the one rule we made for her when we allowed her to go. I finally got in touch with her and let her know she needed to call me in the morning. She did Thursday but that was it. Ugh that girl. She said she was too busy. Avery already has a hard time getting ready and being on time to anything. She was very rushed at camp and didn't make time to call to me. She did call her aunt though. :(

When I picked her up she was not nice to me, Addy or her Paw Paw. She didn't want to go home and was mad she couldn't stay another week. I had a quick talk about being appreciative of going at all bc some of the girls on her couldn't afford to go. They would have LOVED to go in her place - and if she wanted to go back next year she needed to change her attitude. It quickly bounced back to her usual self but she was sooooo tired and emotional. She cried the whole way home bc she missed her counselor Passionae. Then she passed out. She said she can't wait to go back next year. I guess I'll start saving now!!! Especially if Addy wants to go next year.  

I am so happy Avery got to go and I would rather her have fun than be homesick the whole time. Such an awesome opportunity that I know she will always remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment