The downside to the trip was that if got seasick. One of Marks gifts was a marlin trip while we were there. We picked Cabo originally so he could fish, but when we realized we would only have two full days there, we decided to spend the days together. Since I get seasick really easy I couldn't go and we didn't spend one of those days apart. Well I had this bright idea to surprise Mark with a trip - and I would go with him! I talked to the captain and they said the Sea of Cortez was flat this time of year. So I THOUGHT I would be ok. Unfortunately I was wrong. I got sick shortly into the trip but fought the vomiting bc I didn't want to ruin it for Mark. 5 1/2 hours of pure hell finally got to me and I couldn't hold it back anymore. We got to the "Big Bang" where we were pretty much guaranteed a marlin and I couldn't take anymore. I started throwing up and couldn't stop. I tried laying down below deck but it didn't help. Mark felt really bad for me and told the captain to go back. We had an hour and a half ride back to the dock where I was still sick as a dog. It was awful but I couldn't stop crying bc Mark didn't get to catch his marlin. I don't know what I was thinking trying to go - I knew better. I was more mad at myself for being so stupid. He felt really bad for me though bc he knows how bad it is when you get seasick. Since I couldn't stop crying he booked a couple massage for that evening and a nice dinner at the sister hotel next door. The only good thing about me going on the fishing trip was that I got to see the sea lions jump on the back of the boat and ride in with us. I even got to pet it!
Mark surprised us with a limo ride to the airport. It really made leaving the girls so much easier. Otherwise I would have been crying as we drove off. Being in the limo got me pumped up for our time together. We drank mimosas the whole way and I wasn't even nervous about flying!
We swam with dolphins and it was well worth the money. We got to get in the pool with them and Mark even went under water while riding on one. I was too scared b/c I didn't think I could hold my breath that long.
We had champagne and strawberries in our room for our anniversary.
Then got all dressed up for about an hour or so for a nice dinner. It was really cold at night so I froze in my "toga" dress.
When we got back to our room from dinner, this is what I walked into. Mark had the butler put out 3,654 rose petals for each day we were married. There was tres leches (our favorite) with champagne and candles. It was beautiful.
Here we are on the ride out at 6:30am for the fishing trip. Prior to me getting sick.
Mark was so pumped. He couldn't wait to catch a marlin. Sorry babe.
Here's our little friend when jumped on the boat. Another one joined him but I only have that on video. Cute little guys.
The last morning there we hung out by the pool. It was so cold!!! They turned the heater off b/c someone complained a few days before we got there. Well we were all complaining now!
Since our hotel was on the pacific ocean, we couldn't swim. Look at the size of these waves.
I would love to take the girls back one day for whale watching. We just need to start saving our money now b/c airfare alone isn't cheap!!




















No comments:
Post a Comment