Sunday, May 25, 2014

18 Months Old

Well she's at the biggest milestone yet - 18 months old. She's such a stinker. She knows it too. I feel like I have a 3 yr old. She thinks she is as old as Avery and Addyson. Sometimes we think the same thing haha. She and I have conversations with each other and she knows exactly what she wants and doesn't want.  She nods for yes and shakes her head for no, or just says the words when she feels like talking. But the girl talks nonstop. She will talk to complete strangers if they will listen. When the dr walked in the room for her well checkup, her eyes got big and her mouth dropped open. Alysse was going through a book pointing at all the animals and making their sounds "cat - meow" etc. Then she showed the dr her book and said a few more words to her. Dr E's exact words were "Are you kidding me?  She talks like a 5 yr old!"  Yep it's crazy. Since she passed the autism check list, I'm not as worried as I was before. The only thing that concerns me at this point is her repetition.  She does things over and over and it has to be the exact way every time. But I'm pretty sure that's normal for 2 year olds. Avery and Addy were the same way just at an older age. I'm not worried about her aggression like I was before. She throws fits and has tantrums but she recovers quickly and they are manageable. Nothing out of the ordinary. She feeds herself with a fork and spoon and drinks from a regular cup. I have to give her a sippy cup with dinner though bc if I give her a cup she puts her food in it. Then pours the water out to get the food out. It's fun (insert sarcasm). She poops and pees in her potty as long as her diaper is off. A few times a day she will tell me to take her diaper off so she can use the potty but most of the time if her diaper is on, she will go in it. The dr told me to put thick training panties on but they haven't worked.  She loves baby dolls the most and is a master of the iPad/iPod/iPhone technology. She does things that I can't even figure out. Her favorite thing to do is watch videos of Miriam and herself. She still sleeps in the bed with us but asks me to put her in the double bed in her room for nap time. So I think I'll start putting her there at night too to see how she does. It will be good for me and mark for sure. 

She starts school in two weeks!  I think it will be really good for her - although I'm going to miss her like crazy!!! I do look forward to time alone with Avery and Addy. We need it!  

Her 18 month stats:
Weight: 23 lbs 6 oz (36%)
Height: 32 1/2 in (75%)
BMI 15.7%

I can't believe she's tall!  My other two as so short. It's cool to have one that's different. 

I wish I could walk around with a forehead camera that video'd her every move. She is soooo funny - I never want to forget these moments! 

I love this pouty face. That top lip puckers. 


Throwing a tantrum bc she wants my phone. 


Realizing she might be able to take it from me. 


Playing on "her" phone that I gave her when I got an upgrade. 


Say cheese !

No comments:

Post a Comment