Friday, February 14, 2014

Proud moments

As a mom I'm always wondering what kind of children I have when I'm not around. Naturally when I'm with them they aren't going to do things that they know will really upset me (most of the time) and if they do at least I'm there to correct them. 

It's always a good feeling when people tell you nice things about your kids.  I was up at the school last week watching Addy do her fun run (she rocked btw with 42 laps!!!). A complete stranger came up and told me how she fell in love with Addy at the pump it up party they had for fundraiser winners. She said she was the sweetest and coolest girl and I must feel really good for having such a beautiful, awesome daughter. Wow! That was soooo nice to hear and great timing. I worry about Addy sometimes bc she gets annoyed with people really easy. Sometimes she doesn't respond in the kindest way but thankfully I'm there to correct her. It was nice to hear that she's sweet when I'm not around. 

Then today at her valentine party a mom told me how sweet addy was to her son. A classmate broke his carnation he bought and he was really sad about it. Addy gave him her dollar so he could buy another one and not be sad anymore. Awww it melted my heart!! I was so happy that she can be so kind like that!!

I wonder about Avery too sometimes. I know she has a naturally kind heart but she is very fiesty and gets worked up really easy. She's not afraid to speak her mind even if isn't her place to express her opinion. Well her teacher told me at her vday party that Avery did the nicest thing for her. I already knew about it bcAvery   planned it all week. Avery made a "happy valentines day!" Sign for her using one piece of cardstock for each letter. Avery made her go in the hall so she could put it up on the white board. Then she spread chocolate kisses all over her desk and made her a card and paper airplane. When she came back inside the room she had everyone tell her happy valentines day. I was so proud of Avery for actually following through with it. It was HER idea and she made it happen!!  Her teacher went on and on how special Avery was (and agreed that she is super fiesty). It made me so happy to hear such nice things!!!  

We went to the membership class at church last week and plan to finally become members next month. The hirls really like it there. Avery and Addy both signed up to do the offering and say the Lord's Prayer in front of the whole children's church. They are usually sooo shy so I'm glad they feel comfortable enough to do it.  

I really hope they will continue to make good decisions and have kind hearts the way I know they are capable of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment