Surprise! Another baby is on the way. It was not planned and gave us quite the shock when we found out. We've always wanted three children so we were not upset by any means. We are mostly just nervous and a little scared. I just want to have a healthy baby. I could care less of boy or girl b/c either one will be a blessing. I just want it to be healthy. I feel so old, even though I know people have healthy babies all the time at ages older than I am. I've also had so many issues with cysts and hormones, I hope it doesn't have a negative impact on the pregnancy.
I am not sure of my exact due date, but it should be somewhere around November 25th. The receptionist at the dr office was trying to argue with me about how far along I am. I know the exact date I conceived and I know the length of my cycle, which is not the norm they use when calculating. Whatever, I'll let her think she knows what she's talking about. When my baby comes way earlier than they say, they will know I'm right, ha!
We had a little scare Monday but everything turned out ok. I started getting sick with the virus both the girls had the last two weeks. I got a pretty high fever 101.4, and ached all over. Out of nowhere my right side down by my ovary started hurting - worse pain imaginable... felt like labor before the epidural. I called the dr - they blew me off and didn't take it serious... not sure if it's the nurse or the dr but I WILL be having a discussion with my dr when I see her on April 20th. Her office staff SUCKS! Anyways, I called another dr to see if I could get in at their office and they were already closed (it was 4pm) but said to go to the ER and they would definitely see me the next day. I went to the ER and after sitting there for 6.5 hours, they did an ultrasound and blood work. We saw the baby! It was .2 cm, measuring 4 weeks and 3 days. It looked like a little bean. You could only see a dark spot b/c the actual baby can't be seen yet. They also noticed a pretty good size cyst on the right ovary, which is most likely causing the pain. My base hcg was 280 which doesn't mean anything except that I am pregnant. Unless I take my blood again this week I'll have no idea if things look good on that end. I'm putting it all in God's hands. I stressed so much with my first two pregnancies and it made me have contractions as early as 14 weeks. I vow not to do that this time... I am giving my worries to God and taking care of myself and the baby.
We are not telling everyone for a while. It's so early and anything can happen. Most of all we are not telling the girls. If something were to happen, it would be too hard to explain to them the situation. We will wait until we know it's all ok and let them in on their new sibling. They are going to be soooo excited!!!!
I feel really good this time around about the work situation. I am going to work until May then take the summer off to be with the girls. Addy goes back to school at a new place in Sept. If they need me back at NFR then, I'll go back and work until my due date. If not, I'll just stay home. After the baby is born, I will stay home for a year then put baby #3 in school. I hope with me not working so much, most of the stress I had with my first two pregnancies will be eliminated. We shall see!
I'm only four weeks and I'm already in love with the little bean. I can't wait until my first ultrasound when we can actually see a baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment