Alysse had her 3 month opthal follow up appt today. Her eye seems a lot droopier lately - well it was for about a month, then right before Christmas (around the time her molar cut) it perked back up. He said her vision is perfect. He still wants us to patch everyday for 30 minutes or as long as she will keep the patch on. He also wants me to take her in the next time she has a droopy phase like last time. He wants to see her at its worse.
I asked about surgery and he said as long as her vision is good and isn't affected by the eyelid then HE will not require surgery. So after the age of 5 if her vision is good and he gives the all clear, we can decide as parents along with her if we want to do the surgery for cosmetic reasons. They said they had one patient who was about the same as Alysse's who turned 5 and the eye changed so much you can't even tell he had Ptosis. So it can happen - but my thoughts were, out of all their patients, only ONE had that happen. So I'm not getting my hopes up.
I think about her being Addy's age and us having to make that decision. It's not an easy one to make b/c it's her EYE. It's the first thing people notice. I hate to have her eye cut, but I think she will be so mad at us if we don't do it, if it still droops the way it does now. Of course I think she's beautiful no matter what and it doesn't bother me. Other people just make comments on a daily basis now, so I know she will get tired of it and possibly start feeling bad about herself as she gets older. We'll just cross that bridge when we get there and take her to her next appt in SIX MONTHS!! WAHOO!
No comments:
Post a Comment